You guessed it...Birmingham! Actually, we were there for an entire week! Steven and I attended a wedding the Saturday before, and we sure weren't going to drive back and forth two times in one week. So a week in the Ham it was. How wonderful to get to visit family and friends.
We had a blast, especially on Thanksgiving Day. Here are some pics to fill you in on the fun!
We don't let Madelyn watch TV, but the Macy's parade is an exception (and a tradition.) She loved it!
For lunch we headed to my grandparents house to meet with aunts, uncles, and cousins.
I was soooo excited about all of the yummy food we'd be eating that day. And I couldn't wait for Madelyn to dig into our family favorites for the first time!
(fyi: in the south everything is served as a casserole! sweet potato, squash, broccoli/cheese, dressing...)
Sadly, she wasn't interested in eating; too much excitement I guess. Little Girl did not know what she was missing out on in the kitchen! (I think I ate the food off her tray so it wasn't wasted!)
She'd rather be....
and...
...and once she explored the house, outside she went!
sweet pic of Steven and me ;)
love the candid one!
The Stanford clan
This year sweet Autumn's 1st birthday was on Thanksgiving Day. Precious!
She loved her cake (that matched her dress by the way.)
From there we headed over to Jay and Melissa's house to celebrate the day with the Hyde side of the family.
Cooking it up in the kitchen (no, she's not a lunch lady!)
the hostess with the mostess!
we don't feed Madelyn sweets, but yet another exception...she loved pumpkin pie!
Our time in Birmingham was wonderful! Everyone enjoyed seeing Madelyn (and Steven and me too I suppose!) After being gone about 9 days, the three of us were glad to be back home. And Miss Madelyn was right back where she left off...
No comments:
Post a Comment