Monday, December 14, 2009

November

When we got back from Bham it was November and we had a one year old! This month seemed to fly by because we were home for only 3 weeks between Bham trips, and Grammy came to visit for one of them. So we blinked and it was Thanksgiving (another post.)

Hello fall and hello leaves! We love to go outside to play and explore. Steven and I seriously think we had the most leaves in our yard out of the entire neighborhood! Madelyn didn't mind; she wanted to play in the yard anyway.








Have I mentioned that Madelyn is always getting into something? I know all parents say that about their babies, but seriously....


Madelyn LOVES to go out for a ride in her car! It's one of the few times a day she'll sit still. What will we do this winter?! Bundle up and put the tire chains on I guess! ha!



Madelyn turned one and got sooo playful! We love it! Madelyn is also really learning! While she doesn't say complete words yet, she definitely makes the right beginning sounds for things. She knows what it means to go outside, get in the car, sit in her highchair, put on shoes, etc. I am amazed at how much and how quickly she learns!
But, she is also learning to test Mommy and Daddy. The word "no" has seemed so pointless; she's one to ignore it. Madelyn will do something she shouldn't to see how we'll respond. She is also doing this "I'm not getting my way so I'll fuss" thing. Ugh! I pray daily for God's guidance and wisdom as we tackle this parenting task.

If you've seen her, you know that Madelyn has a mouth full of teeth! (Molars #2 and #3 came in this month.) So we took her to the pediatric dentist for a check up. Where was this office when I was little?
the video game station...


the playhouse (next to the movie room)...
and there was a fish tank too! I didn't get a pick of Madelyn during her check up- Mommy needed all the hands she could find to keep the little lady still! Her teethies looked good and we started using a big girl toothbrush and toothpaste!
I like this pic from that day...



And when I say that Madelyn gets into everything, now it's quite literal! She is loving to crawl into baskets, drawers, etc.

And yes, that is a black eye. What are the odds that she fell into the one kitchen drawer that is her height, and hit her brow on the drawer pull, right before we left to go somewhere?! I was hoping no one would notice. Yeah right. Even the older man that bags groceries at the store said something. I felt so bad. But Madelyn didn't seem to mind!
Like I said, November flew by! And once again we were ready to head to Bham...again...

No comments: