Friday, May 30, 2008

We're Expecting!

Yes indeed, we are parents-to-be!
Baby Hyde is due around November 6, 2008!


A little back story for you who "want to know everything"...

First of all, I am a planner so I had been marking and watching the calendar very carefully. On Saturday, March 1 I eagerly did a home pregnancy test first thing in the morning. A sort of faded plus sign appeared and I couldn't believe my eyes! I guess I did what most do- I looked at it then waited a minute, then looked at it again, and again, and again! It was a plus however, the sideways line was bold, but the up/down line was a little faded. Then I thought perhaps it was negative, so I didn't want to get my hopes up too quickly. After reading and rereading the instructions, it said a plus is a plus is a plus...so I knew it was positive!


For the next little while I thought about how I'd go about telling Steven the news. Then I remembered him telling me one time not to "dance around and play games, to just tell him straight out." So after breakfast while still in our PJs, I said "so, I did a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive." He looked at me with raised eyebrows and said "really?!" (It was not so much a question; it was drawn out like "r-e-a-l-l-y?!") He said "that's great; what we've been hoping for!"


So Monday morning rolled around and I was excited to call and make that first doctor's appointment. But since I sort of questioned the plus sign from the first test, I did another before Steven went to work to get his opinion. We both agreed it was definitely positive! So I called and made my first doctor's appointment, which was on April 1.

No comments: