Friday, May 30, 2008

The First Appointment

I don't know about you, but I am a people watcher, especially in waiting rooms. At the OBGYN office I always admired the cute pregnant women and their belly bumps. I'd wonder what it was like to be pregnant and to prepare for a little one on the way. Finally I was not just a patient, but a pregnant patient! And I'd soon be finding out for myself what that would be like!

The first visit (8 weeks along) was nothing like I expected. I didn't see the doctor; I saw a nurse in her office. For about 40 mintues she overloaded me with all sorts of information, instructions, and brochures. Towards the end she said something about " ...and then when you deliver..." and I was like, "Uh, hello!? I just did a test 4 weeks ago! T.M.I!!" After the chat session, it was off to the lab for some blood work. That was it for the first appointment.

Then for what I considered the first "real" appointment. On April 22 I went for my 12 week visit. It consisted of an ultrasound and an exam by the doctor. (I'll spare you the exam part, but tell you about the ultrasound!) All I know is, when the pictures popped up on the screen I was thinking "is THAT really in THERE?" Oh yes, indeed! That whole day (and everyday since) I think about what a miracle this little baby is and that it is a truly wonderful gift grom God!

The technician gave me a few pictures to take home, so here you go...Baby Hyde at 12 weeks!




That's what baby was looking like at 12 weeks, and here's the mom-to-be!

(At this time Steven assured me I didn't look pregnant.
All I know is my whole abdomen area felt swollen!)

3 comments:

shellbell said...

I think the baby looks more like Alison -- what a relief! :)

Stephanie Trapp said...

Yea! I'm so glad that you've started a blog! I will definitely be stopping by often!

Brad and Jennifer Oglesby said...

Steven & Alison..

Congrats! Steven, shoot me an email (brad.oglesby@ulalaunch.com).
Glad to see I can keep up with you online now. Our blog is the-oglesby-family.blogspot.com.