Friday, August 21, 2009

July

Here's a quick post about what we did during the month of July!

On the way back from our beach trip we stopped in Bham for the weekend of the 4th. It was a super quick trip, but we mananged to squeeze in some face time with family. Here are a few pics...

Maw Maw Stanford must have the magic touch! Madelyn does not go to sleep on anyone!


Hanging out with Maw Maw and Paw Paw Burrell.


The Girls!

The girls and their Paw Paw. :)


I mentioned that Madelyn started crawling around the time we were at the beach. So when we got back to our house it seemed like we brought back another baby... a mobile baby! We quickly realized that we had to baby-proof everywhere! And she's off....


Within a week or so of crawling, Madelyn started straightening her legs as if to stand up! She got a new view of her feet and thought it was funny!


This cracked us up... One day Madelyn decided to get into her toy basket (which was a first) and she proceeded to take out ALL of the toys, but didn't play with them. Just took them out.



About the middle of the month I made a discovery. When I went in to get Madelyn up one day, I noticed that the crib rail was scratched up. I figured it was from my belt buckle when leaning over, except I don't ever wear a belt.

Sure enough...

It wasn't my belt at all; it was little teeth!! That girl was standing up in her crib!! And chewing on the rail!
And ever since then she has been crawling all over the place and pulling up on anything and everything! It all happened so fast! :(


We were glad to have Steven's parents up for a few days. They had tons of fun playing with Madelyn and she was loving all the attention. (She's not waving, just crazy timing with a wild arm!)




And we went on a date!!!




This was our quick family pic before taking Steven to the airport. He was in CA for the last week of the month. Those are long weeks (but only happen a couple of times a year.) And we missed him like crazy! I sent him a pic of Madelyn everyday so he got to see his little girl! :)


Madelyn and I did our thing for a few days while he was gone. Then we were so excited to have my mom, sister, and niece up for a visit. Crazy times! (I'll give "the girls" their own post.)
Also, at the end of the month Madelyn turned 9 months old! I'll post her portraits later. :)

July was the month of Madelyn on the move! It all happened so fast!! Our lives will never be the same. :)

No comments: