Now, I tried to prepare myself for going on vacation with a baby (is there such a thing?!) Silly me thought that Steven and I would sort of get to do our normal vacation stuff (like sleep in, lounge around the pool, lay out on the beach, go out to eat, etc.) and just bring our baby along with us. Sounded simple enough. Wrong! I quickly learned that unlike vacations past, Steven and I wouldn't be able to do whatever we wanted...a certain little someone would dictate that for us! I know everything changes when you have a baby, but can't going on vacation be the exception?! :)
Ok, so the beach is the beach- you don't need me to go on and on. Basically, we were in Destin for 5 days- it rained for 2.5 of them. Due to rain, fair baby skin, nursing, and naps we didn't leave the condo very much. Let me state the obvious: I did not get a tan. It was Madelyn's first time to FL, first time in the pool, and first time on the beach. She turned 8 months old and she started crawling! :)
Every morning started like this...."Daddy, wake up!"
We took this pool on the beach to contain our crawler. She was just testing it out!
First time in the pool...loved it!
We had this domed tent for our big beach outing...sweet set up I must say!
For a minute I thought she would take a nap and I could just soak up some rays...wrong!
Steven took Madelyn to the water to put her feet in...
It didn't go so well. A wee little ripple splashed her in the face. Yucky salt water!
The beach was a no go, so we spent the rest of our time at the pool. She was a happy camper!
That little blue dot is our tent! HA!
Someone sitting in my chair...
(I think this pic is hilarious!! I was putting the camera down so I could catch her falling and I must have pushed the button.)

Beautiful beach!!!!

Hanging out with Daddy...
Hanging out with Daddy...
Rain or shine, Destin was beautiful and a wonderful getaway. I truly enjoyed being down at the beach with my sweet family. We had fun just being together! I look forward to the next time we can take a special family trip, wherever it may be! :)
3 comments:
Cute!! I love the head banging part in the video. Too funny!!!
LOL! I know what you mean about vacations...they are a lot of work once you become the parent! :) Looks like y'all had a fun trip!
oh my goodness, Madelyn is adorable! i am so glad you guys had fun at the beach. :) i loved looking at all of your pictures!
Post a Comment