Thursday, July 9, 2009

June

The month started off with Steven in CA for a week. We weren't alone for too long though! My brother and youngest sister came up for a visit. I loved spending time with them! Madelyn loved having playmates (and an audience for her recently learned tantrums- just 2 so far!)



She started to get the hang of balancing and learned to sit up when we put her down! (A sitting baby makes things easier for Mommy!)





This month Madelyn started playing with a sippy cup. I say "playing" because that's what this teething girl likes to do- chew on the straw. But once she figured out how to suck through the straw she loved it! We like to take water breaks throughout the day. :)
We would catch Madelyn rocking back and forth on all fours in her crib and sometimes on the floor. Not crawling...her preferred method of movement was no longer rolling, but creeping! She kind of looked like a seal at times pushing and pulling herself with her hands while little legs and feet trailed behind. She's getting closer to being mobile!



In mid June, Aunt Shelley and Uncle Hans stopped by for a visit on their way to/from Bham. They had not seen Madelyn since Thanksgiving, so she sure appeared to be a big girl! Madelyn loved playing with them!





FYI: We love purple! ...




On June 14 we celebrated Steven's first Father's Day. He is such a great dad! Many of you know Steven as "Mr. Tough Guy," but not around his baby girl. He is patient and kind with little Madelyn and loves her so much. She smiles so big when he enters the room; she sure loves her daddy!




Towards the end of the month Madelyn learned to sit herself up. I figured this out when I went in her room during naptime one day...oh my!

Here's how I learned to sit up in my crib!

1. start out on all fours...

2. hit the splits...

3. walk hands back and push up...


4. sit up! (and play instead of sleep!)


Teething!! Going in to June Madelyn had her two bottom teeth. At the start of the month she cut two on top and by the middle of the month she cut another! So the June count is 5!



We ended the month of June with a trip to the beach! Much more on that later! :)

3 comments:

The Kiefers said...

Looks like you have quite the gymnast on your hands!! I'm impressed by her splits... ouch!! Too funny!

Lara said...

Madelyn is a adorable! I miss you and love getting updates on your blog. Take care!

Stephanie Trapp said...

So cute! Her splits crack me up!