Wednesday, August 6, 2008

3 To Go

Well, today is August 6 and my due date is November 6...so if my math skills serve me right, that means roughly 3 months to go! If you noticed the baby counter, we're under the 100 day mark!
For whatever reason it's at this point of the pregnancy that reality is setting in and we're realizing that Baby will be here before we know it! I think we'll finally get serious about setting up her room, working on registries, and I guess we'll try to get some names on the list (and we don't plan on telling!) Steven and I just like to be laid back and take things one step at a time (ok, some call that procrastinating!) It'll all come together soon enough!
Next month we'll attend some classes at the hospital and I'm sure that will be another reality check! I'll let you know how those go. I'll admit it- there are some days I sit around and day dream about Baby being here and there are some days I panic because I feel really clueless and unprepared. But I'd like to think that is normal, especially for first time parents.
Just a little update on how things are going with the pregnant lady of the house. The question most people ask is "How are you feeling?" You really want to know? Here are my answers: "I feel really good! I feel fortunate that my pregnancy has been a breeze so far. I feel like I could eat all day long. I feel like my belly is starting to get in my way when trying to bend over. I feel like I don't sleep as well lately because I can't get comfortable or I'm headed to the potty. I feel like I love fruits, red meat, and sweets, but not chicken breasts or BBQ sauce. I feel like I can't go much longer without indulging in a Coke. I feel like I can't find anything to wear these days. Despite some of these things, I feel like I am enjoying being pregnant. I feel good, happy, and blessed!"
That's the 6 month update! On to the 3rd (and last) trimester!

26 weeks!

2 comments:

shellbell said...

So, have you sent Steven out to get any special food requests yet?

Stephanie Trapp said...

You look great! So glad that you're feeling great, too! I'm still with you on the BBQ...can't even stand the thought of it! :)