Wednesday, July 30, 2008

4th of July

(Where has this month gone? I am sooo behind on posting! Ahh!)

Steven and I had a very nice 4th of July weekend! We drove down to Birmingham and spent some much anticipated quality time with our families.

Friday the 4th we hung out at the Hyde's, enjoying a grilled feast and celebrating July birthdays. It was neat because it was the first family/holiday gathering with all of the married couples in attendance!

Alison & Steven

Shelley & Hans

Melissa & Jay

Then on Saturday the 5th we hung out at the Stanford's. We were excited to see my parent's house, as it has been majorly renovated and looks great! Again, it was a great gathering time because all of the often busy and spread out siblings were in attendance.

The Sibs: Drew, Holly, and Bethany

Like I said, we truly enjoyed the weekend in Birmingham with grandparents, parents, siblings, and in-laws! And as usual, we're looking forward to the next time!

Our trip back to Louisville was quite interesting. We were bringing back some furniture to our house, a load large enough to require a U-Haul truck. So, Steven and I made the trip in a big old 14 foot U-Haul! What would take five and a half hours in the car took six and a half in the U-Haul, ugh! And what really cracked me up was that I drove the big thing to turn it in the next day! Where was my camera for all of this?!

2 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

Did you make that cake? If so, I am highly impressed! I doesn't look like you need cake decorating classes if that's the case! :)

shellbell said...

I believe Wal-Mart made the cake. Not bad, huh? Who says they're not all-American?

I love that the picture of me without makeup made the blog.