Monday, June 16, 2008

It's a...

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

What a morning of suspense! My appointment was scheduled for 10am with the ultrasound at 10:30am. Well as it goes in the doctor's office, they were running behind. About an hour behind!

They first checked my weight and blood pressure, both of which looked good. I had actually lost 2 pounds and was a little nervous about that, because believe me I'm eating! The doctor said as long as Baby looked good there was no concern, the metabolism will continue to pick up. Then she laughed as she told me that I'd wake up one day and there all the extra pounds will be!

So then to the "subwaiting room" for a little while. They trick you because just when you think you're being called back, they take you to another mini waiting area. Anyway, from there they called us back for the ultrasound, so we got to wait in another area for that. And yet again more suspense, this time thanks to Baby!

After all sorts so poking and prodding around, the technician determined that Baby was nice and comfortable and was not going to move for her to get the right anatomy angle she needed. That was a bit of a problem for Mom and Dad because we wanted to find out if Baby was a boy or girl. We thought we were going to leave the office still not knowing! Apparently an empty bladder gave Baby more room to move and sure enough she showed her backside just long enough to catch a glimpse! Girl it is!! So now the baby is no longer an "it" but a "she!" Hooray!

We have not discussed names at this point, but if I know me I'll talk Steven's ear off about it daily. Plus, we don't know if we'll have one name picked out or a few to choose from once we see her in person! The way we figure it, we've got some time!

So, without further adieu....here's our baby girl!!!

Apparently this is her backside with girl parts showing.

"What's this? Oh, my hand!"

That hand on the forehead better not mean a "drama queen!"

Either rubbing her nose or sucking her thumb!

Looking right at us!

8 comments:

Keli B. said...

oh yay! a baby girl! i'm so excited! (trust me, they are the BEST!!) :)

Stephanie Trapp said...

I so agree with Keli...it's so fun having a girl! I'm thrilled for y'all! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like we'll have to wait for a Little Delmer!! But that's ok... I love pink. Now I can go shopping (like I need an excuse!) for my little granddaughter...yea!!

Harris, Katie and Tucker Rhodes said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys! You'll have so much fun getting ready for your little lady!

Allison said...

Another little girl for our play group! Exciting! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Thanks for putting the trend back on track! Congrats!

The Kiefers said...

Hey, congratulations!! What an exciting time! :) You will make a great baby girl mommy!!!

mtfike said...

What sweet pictures! Congratulations . . . We are so excited for you and Steven!
-Kelly and Matt