Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beach Bound

The last week of May Steven and I headed down to Destin, FL for our annual get away. How fortunate we were that Steven was able to take days off work for a vacation and that we had a great place to go stay. On Saturday we made the long 11 hour drive from Louisville to Destin, making a couple of pit stops along the way of course!


We stayed the entire week and what a wonderful week it was! The weather was sunny and warm for the most part; a bit breezy at the beginning of the week though. We slept in every morning and then headed out to the beach or pool to just relax for the rest of the day. We'd read books, take naps, and people watch (which is so entertaining on the beach!) Steven really enjoyed when dinner time rolled around because he got to man the grill. He made some of the best steaks and brats and burgers ever! Then the last few days of the week my mom, sister, and cousin joined us. It was fun to see them since we hadn't visited in a while.


Steven and I had prayed that the Lord would bless our week and He truly did. There is something about getting out of our surroundings and into the beauty of His creation that draws us to Him. Everyday we'd look out at the sandy, white beaches and glistening, emerald water with its forever long horizon and just be amazed that the God who created all of that breath taking beauty created us and loves us...it's just quite humbling! Steven and I enjoyed our time together, away from work, computers, phones, etc. It was a time to regroup, refocus, and regain perspective; we all know what it's like to get bogged down with the daily routines and demands of everyday life.


Our week came to a close and we made the long trek back to Louisville on a Sunday. We were able to grab some lunch with Steven's parents in Birmingham, so that was a nice bonus!

We were so thankful for our week long vacation and look forward to doing it again next year. But next year our family of two will be a family of three!

1 comment:

shellbell said...

I think BG's hat need to go in the wash! Looks like a great time. I'm a little jealous. I can't remember the last time I was at a real beach. Lake Michigan, while nice, just doesn't cut it. I guess my invite got lost in the mail. :)