Friday, February 6, 2009

November (recap)

Madelyn is 14 weeks old today, so that means I haven't blogged in 14 weeks! Honestly, I've thought about the blog almost everyday..."let's take a picture for the blog"..."oh I should write about that on the blog"...and on and on. The only thing is, I'm learning that with an infant you don't just go get on the computer whenever. It's a big day here when I get to check email, get on Facebook, or blog. So, let's see how much I can get done while she naps....

Let's see- first there was November...
Steven and I spent November being the typical first time parents. Questions like "what do you think...?" and responses like "I don't know...!" were quite common. We just held little Madelyn, tried to sleep here and there, worked on nursing, and I recovered. Everyday we asked each other "can you believe we have a baby?!" The month flew by! Here are some pictures from Madelyn's first month...



My mom helped me make these birth announcements...loved them!




Random pics...
"ok, first bath- how do we do this?"



Looking out the window...


This bed is too hard...

This bed is too soft...

This bed is just right!

Love my swing...

Getting ready to run an errand (we had to go buy a miracle blanket!)

Post bath photo op...


At the end of November, another exciting time! My sister, Holly, had a beautiful baby girl. Autumn was born the day before Thanksgiving. (Her bday will actually be on Thanksgiving next year and in some years to come!) I'm so excited to have a niece and that she and Madelyn are so close in age!







And speaking of Thanksgiving...





"I'm stuffed! Let's call it a day."


Then the three of us had to pose (many, many times) to get a pic for our Christmas card.

Steven's parents, sister and brother-in-law joined us for Thanksgiving.

Grandpa and Grammy...


Uncle Hans and Aunt Shelley...

Before we knew it Madelyn was 4 weeks old!
And that my friends is November in a nutshell!

4 comments:

The Kiefers said...

Sooo cute!!! Thanks for filling us in... we miss you guys!! Can't wait to see many, many more pics of your sweet girl!! :)

Stephanie Trapp said...

Madelyn is such a doll! I've missed getting to see you. We need to get caught up! By the way, love the new blog design...super cute!

Lara said...

Your blog looks great! :) I loved seeing all of your pictures. Madelyn is adorable and it was fun to hear what you guys have been up to. I miss you!

Keli B. said...

baby m is so precious! it was so good to see you guys in ABF yesterday! we've really been missing you! keep up the awesome photo updates!