Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Madelyn Renee Hyde

First we'll share the story...then tons of pictures!

On Thursday evening Steven and I were getting ready to watch some TV (looking forward to our weekly "Office" date!) As we were talking my water broke! While I dealt with that Steven called the doctor and she said to head to the hospital! So we changed clothes, packed last minute items in the bag, cleaned up around the house, and headed to the hospital!

We got checked in around 9pm. I still hadn't felt any contractions, but the monitors showed they were present. We were told that we'd wait it out and see if contractions increased on their own and if not, they'd speed up the process for me with some Pitocin. It was turning into a rather long night! So at 1:15 a.m., in went the I.V. of Pitocin and at 2:15 a.m. on came the major contractions! I dealt with them for about an hour and then got an epidural....ahhh! At 4:30 a.m. I had dialated to 5cm and by 5:00 a.m. I was at 10cm and ready to go! So the pushing started at 5:35 a.m. and Madelyn was born at 6:22 a.m.! (Yes, she's a Halloween baby...just like her Uncle Drew!)
MADELYN RENEE HYDE
Friday, October 31, 2008
6:22 a.m.
6 lbs. 14 oz.
19 in.

First Hyde family photo...



Mommy already on the phone sharing the news...


Tech-savvy grandparents texting and emailing pics...

Paw Paw...

Mimi...

Grandpa and Grammy...

The beautiful Madelyn (with a full tummy!)


Getting ready for discharge...



Our sweetheart...

Ready for first car ride...


Our neighbors helped us celebrate her arrival...



Daddy's little girl...



Of course....more later!

5 comments:

Keli B. said...

she. is. beautiful. like her mommy! we can't wait to meet her! thanks for sharing! - i've been looking forward to the update.

Stephanie Trapp said...

Yea! I've been so looking forward to seeing pictures of sweet Madelyn! You look great and she's absolutely precious! Love the pic of her sleeping on her tummy...so sweet!

The Cosby's said...

It sounds like it was a good experience. I am so glad! The family photos are my favorites. Can't wait to see more.

The Kiefers said...

I agree with everyone -- she's absolutely beautiful! What a blessing :) Cannot wait to meet her... hope you are settling into mommyhood well! :)

Lara said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and you look great. I am so happy for you guys. :)
I am glad I found your blog...I have a blog too, so come check it out. http://laraswindow.blogspot.com/