Today we come to the 38 week mark and that leaves us about two more to go!
We went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly visit and all was well. She is still head down (and again I emphasize way down...my poor bladder!) and her heart beat was strong and really fast (as usual!) As for me, weight and blood pressure were good and I'm feeling pretty good too. After an exam, the doctor said I was perhaps 50% effaced and no dialation- she said maybe a half centimeter would be being generous! Steven and I didn't expect any real progress, so her report was no surprise. We'll head back next Wednesday for the 39 week appointment to see what's changed!
(I say this now because I have nothing to compare it to...)
This pregnancy has been easy and such a joy! In the beginning I felt yucky of course, but never once got sick! It took a little while for me to show, so fortunately I was able to wear regular clothes for quite a long time. There weren't really crazy food issues (except for that McDonald's cheeseburger phase and avoiding BBQ sauce and chicken breasts.) Being active while pregnant has been relatively easy too! I started out trying to maintain exercise, but there did come a point were it was a little uncomfortable with a big old belly. And just last weekend Steven and I were out planting flowers and raking the yard! My only real complaint has been bedtime issues- not staying comfortable and frequent trips to the potty.
I say all of this to share how blessed I've been these last nine months. Steven and I have prayed daily that I will continue to have a healthy pregnancy and that our baby will develop into a healthy baby girl! God has truly been with us during our pregnancy and has answered our prayers with blessings beyond our imagination! He is so good!!
2 comments:
WOW, that is so hard to believe -- 38 weeks!! You must be very excited and anxious to meet your sweet daughter! I know the rest of us are as well.
You are more pregnant than I have ever been -- way to go Momma, you're doing great!! And to be honest, I thought labor and delivery was easier than I'd always imagined it would be (but then again, I got the epidural! And would highly recommend it!)
P.S. Shiloh was 6 lbs 11 oz at 37 weeks... so pretty much the same size as your little one! :)
Post a Comment