Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So as for September

Now let me take some time to catch you up on September so far...


Labor Day weekend- We made a trip down to Birmingham to visit family. It was nice to be back in Alabama and see everyone! A highlight of the weekend was celebrating Steven's grandfather's 90th birthday...what a milestone!


Steven and his grandparents (soon our girl's great-grandparents!)



They'll probably be mad for me posting this, but it cracks me up! This is how it usually goes when trying to take a picture with my side of the family...chaos!



Baby Update- This month Steven and I have made a few trips to the hospital for some parenting classes. We learned oh so much about breastfeeding, basic baby care, and infant CPR. We still have a class or two to go, and we hope to be futher enlightened on all kinds of parenting stuff. Lately people have been asking, "Are you ready?" referring to the baby's arrival and becoming a parent. Doesn't everyone know that the answer is and will always be "No!" (ha ha!) Really though, we are super excited about our family growing and becoming a mommy and daddy to our little girl!



Baby Shower- This past weekend we made another trip to Birmingham (our last until Christmas) for a baby shower hosted by my sweetest, dearest friends. It was a quick trip, but we enjoyed every minute of seeing family and friends. We are so thankful for everyone's love and support!!




hostesses: Cathy (Leah's wonderful mom), Leah (bestest friend), Shelley (funnest college rommie), Melissa (sweet sister-in-law)


Beautiful table and yummy food!




soon-to-be- mother with soon-to-be-grandmothers



Mommy and Daddy-to-be!




Birthdays- My side of the family was fortunate to have everyone get together this weekend for an early celebration of my mom's- let's just say "milestone birthday!" We went to The Club on Red Mountain for dinner and enjoyed the evening together.


Happy Birthday to Mom!




The Stanford Clan (Steven behind the camera!)



Dad & Mom


Holly, Drew, Bethany, & Alison

Our growing family: Steven, Alison, and Baby Hyde






And yesterday Steven and I celebrated my birthday with my very own cheesecake! (I guess I'll share it with him, after all, he is my baby's daddy!) Lately when it comes to food I love, I get a little protective. It's like "People step away- I'm a pregnant woman with my own cheesecake...I have a fork and I'm not afraid to use it!" (ha ha!)




Until next time...

2 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

Yum...when was the last time I've had cheesecake? Sounds delicious! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

shellbell said...

Thanks for posting these pics. You all looked so cute at the shower. I especially loved the chaos pic. It reminds me of taking pictures with my family. Notice that Steven is laughing--like he always did when Dad would get mad during our family photo sessions.